Wednesday, 19 January 2022

Creating A Blog You Say?

 

Trying New Things...Welcome to Blog World!


20070707_ps-blogger


Have you ever experienced that feeling of panic when you realize you are way out of your comfort zone?  The butterflies in your stomach, the shaky hands and countless sleepless nights?  Perhaps your nervous energy shows up in different ways like binge baking (my family loves that by the way!), over cleaning/reorganizing, or nonstop hysterical laughter.  

Don't get me wrong, I do love trying new adventures and experiences like everyone else; but there is something about the journey to get to trying those things that makes me freeze like a deer caught in the headlights.  I don't know if it's the process of digesting the unknown, trying to figure out the "what ifs," or just the simple fact of not knowing what to expect that gets to me.

This past week I was put into one of those scary situations.  As I was reading the outline for one of my courses, I came to the part where it says I needed to create a blog...Say what?!  I mean, I do like reading blogs from time to time, and I always thought the authors were brave for putting themselves out into the cyber world, but never in a million years did I think I would be one of them!  

After the usual panic phase that follows these scary evil situations ended, I started thinking that perhaps it wouldn't be that bad...I love learning new things so maybe I will find that deep down (very deep down) I may have a knack for it.  

So, here I am stepping out of my comfort zone with both feet...might not be easy at times, like I found out when I was only trying to set up the blog;  but I am no quitter! So, after a lot of failed attempts, I managed to create one! 

I can't wait to share with you my learning journey!  Don't forget to comment, share tips (a lot of tips please!), like or give me more new ideas to explore.  

Sincerely,


The Duchess of Bookington


Cartoon retrieved from here.

Meme retrieved from here.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! You are officially a blogger. I look forward to following your learning journey.

    ReplyDelete

Theme 3: Reference Materials

  Balancing Reference Sources In The Learning Commons What are reference materials?  In a nutshell, reference materials are a variety of mul...